Definition of ITU
Good Agricultural Practices are defined "practices that address environmental, economic and social sustainability for on-farm processes, and result in safe and quality food and non-food agricultural products'' by FAO. For this, according to ITU, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Integrated Crop Management (ICM) techniques needs to implement together in production.
Aim of ITU
- Ensuring agricultural production harmless to environment, human and animal health
- Safety of natural resources,
- Ensuring traceability and sustainablity in agriculture,
- Improving workers health and working conditions,
- Ensuring safety and quality of produce in te food chain.